The Washington Association of Wheat Growers in Ritzville, WA is seeking an organized and proactive Outreach Coordinator to join our family-friendly organization. We are looking for someone who wants to celebrate agriculture and advocate for our producers and our rural lifestyle. The Outreach Coordinator supports outreach operations by coordinating all aspects of WAWG grower education, assisting the executive director with state policy, and contributing to public education efforts. This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and an outgoing personality.
Outreach Coordinator job responsibilities:
- Focus group and stakeholder coordination and planning.
- Travel and attendance at educational events, along with assisting the executive director by attending county meetings as necessary.
- Sponsorship and additional funding recruitment for WAWG’s Agricultural Marketing and Management Organization series and the annual Tri-State Grain Growers Convention.
- Creative design coordination.
- Speaker/seminar coordination.
- Writing letters, Wheat Life content, press releases and some public affairs documents.
- Updating WAWG website and social media channels with new content as necessary.
- Researching topics/projects for the executive director.
- Participating and helping coordinate re-occurring projects.
- Providing assistance to WAWG staff and leaders as necessary.
- Creating and giving public presentations when necessary.
- Developing and distributing WAWG’s weekly emailed newsletter.
- Assisting WAWG’s executive director with state policy.
This is a 40 hour/week position with a competitive salary ranging from $50,000 – $70,000 depending on experience. Travel expenses are reimbursed. Benefits provided are health, dental, life insurance and SEP. Position is based in Ritzville, WA.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Writing and verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft Office and Adobe Software skills.
- Reporting and organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- A professional manner and attitude.
- Ability to work unsupervised on complex, long-term projects.
Education and experience requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent education required; agriculture experience/background preferred.
- Outreach experience preferred.
- Interested candidates may submit a resume to email@example.com, 109 E. 1st Ave.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug.15. If you have any questions, call (509) 659-0610.